“I have experienced hospice care for three family members. Without a doubt, the care from Hospice of Northwest Ohio was the best. I can't thank you enough.”
Quality and Satisfaction Among the Best in Nation
Hospice of Northwest Ohio strives to provide excellent care and service. To assure we measure up, we voluntarily submit to rigorous reviews and are accredited by the Joint Commission. In addition, we constantly monitor overall quality and satisfaction results, comparing our performance to those of other high-quality hospices throughout the state and nation.
- Family would recommend us to others - 99%
Data taken from Hospice of Northwest Ohio surveys.
Satisfaction with Level of Care and Services Received
Patients or families received right amount of:
|Help with patient's breathing||94%||96%||95%|
|Help with feelings of anxiety / sadness||94%||93%||92%|
|Emotional support prior to patient's death||96%||96%||95%|
|Emotional support following the patient's death||94%||94%||93%|
Results taken from national satisfaction surveys, which study local, state and national
Satisfaction / Success of Sincera Palliative Care Service
This program assists community physicians in managing the pain and symptoms of seriously ill patients not on a hospice program.
- Would recommend this program to others - 97%
- Patient satisfaction with our recommended interventions for pain, nausea, breathlessness, anxiety or the side effects of treatment - 94%
- Would rate overall experience with the Sincera program as good or excellent. - 99%
Data taken from Sincera surveys.
Staffing and Expertise
While most area hospices have a part-time medical director, Hospice of Northwest Ohio has a whole team of medical professionals on staff, including:
- 7 physicians and 6 advanced practice nurses whose careers are fully devoted to hospice and palliative care; six of the physicians are board certified in hospice and palliative care.
- Our goal is to maintain an average of 70% of eligible clinical staff - including nurses and aides - certified in hospice and palliative care, compared to a national staff certification average of 20-30%.
If you have any questions or would like more information about Hospice of Northwest Ohio’s quality and satisfaction results, please contact Marie Wolfram, Director of Quality and Compliance.