Sacred Art of Living and Dying - Unit 4
Transforming Spiritual Pain
Unit four of the four-part Sacred Art and Living and Dying program - Transforming Spiritual Pain. Being held at the former Toledo Hilton from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm on March 8 and 9, 2013. Facilitated by the Sacred Art of Living and Dying Center in Bend, Oregon, this two-day workshop will:
- Study some of the different principles and techniques of ‘energy work’ by using bio-feedback mechanisms as a means of assisting a patient’s state of physical and emotional well-being.
- Experimentation with two guided visualization formats for the ‘healing of memories’.
- Exploration of the ethical dimensions of end-of-life caregiving as it impacts the long-term emotional and spiritual lives of professional caregivers.
- Examination of the distinction between caregiver burnout and fatigue as well as other practical antidotes to stress.
- Exposure to basic theory and techniques related to Jungian dream analysis, particularly as it relates to emotional and spiritual pain at the end of life.
- Discussion of basic rights and obligations [including legal prescriptions] regarding body ‘aftercare,’ burial, memorial services and grief support for extended family systems
For more information or to register for this two-day program, click here to access the Sacred Art of Living and Dying website. Cost is $350 per participant.
Date: March 8 - 9, 2013
Time: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Former Toledo Hilton
Contact Person: Barb Sharek