In 2015, more than 5,300 adults, teens and children received free bereavement support and education from Hospice of Northwest Ohio.
Healing After Loss
Bereavement services are an important part of hospice care. Hospice of Northwest Ohio offers a variety of resources to support families as they cope with loss following the death of their loved one. They include:
- The "Journeys" monthly newsletter, which is automatically sent to families for the first 13 months following the death of their loved one. It contains insightful articles that help them cope with their feelings of grief and loss.
- The Hospice of Northwest Ohio lending libraries provide a variety of books that can be borrowed. Located in each Center, the libraries contain books including such topics as general grief, helping children cope, widow/widower concerns and issues regarding the loss of a parent.
- Support groups are offered regularly and are provided free of charge to anyone in the community, whether or not they have a prior relationship with Hospice of Northwest Ohio. Click here to see a list of the support groups offered.
- Bereavement volunteers, who have been specially trained to understand the many facets of grief and loss, are available to offer support. When a volunteer calls, please feel free to talk with him or her about whatever is on your mind.
- Counseling services, including periodic supportive calls, are provided by bereavement counselors who have special expertise in grief and loss issues. This type of counseling can be provided for a brief period of time. Individuals or families requiring more extensive therapy will be referred to other counselors or community agencies that are also able to help.
To access any of the services listed above, please contact the Bereavement Team at 419-661-4001