We welcome any opportunity to share information about end-of-life care. We are the community’s leading resource regarding the many issues and concerns all individuals and families will face as they help their loved ones prepare for their final months of life.
All presentations are “surprisingly uplifting” and are tailored to the special interests or needs of the audience. We do our very best to accommodate requests whether they are weekdays, evenings or weekends.
Presentations from Hospice of Northwest Ohio are appropriate for any group, including:
- Civic, service and church groups
- Employers and their various work groups
- Educators of all types
- Clergy, Stephen’s Ministries, Congregational or Parish Nurses
- Student groups – high school and college
- Medical professionals
- Counseling professionals
- Social service agencies
General topics include, but are not limited to:
- Hospice 101- the basics of who, what, where and when
- What’s the Difference Between Palliative Care and Hospice?
- When is it Time for Hospice?
- Meaningful Conversations at the End of Life (What do I say to someone who is dying?)
- Caring for the Caregiver / Caregiver Challenges
- Advance Care Planning – Living Wills and Durable Powers of Attorney
- Grief and Loss
These topics are all very broad and can be customized to address the specific interests of your group.
We do not charge a fee for speaking to your group, but will accept a donation if you wish to make one.
To request a speaker, or discuss topic ideas, call the Hospice of Northwest Ohio Communications Department at 419-661-4001 or email Barb Sharek and include information about your group, what topics you are interested in as well as where and when you would like the presentation to take place.