Celebrating 30 Years
In 1981, Hospice of Northwest Ohio cared for 90 people with a staff of five. Currently, Hospice cares for more than 2,800 patients a year with a staff of 460 and a volunteer corps of almost 400. While almost all patients in the early years had cancer, 60% now have other end-stage diseases, signifying the acceptance of hospice care as a positive end-of-life option for all. Numerous hospices now serve this area; however, Hospice of Northwest Ohio continues to be the community leader.
Read a detailed history.
- It is the only local, independent, non-profit agency that dedicates all of its medical resources exclusively to hospice and palliative care Additional resources, expertise and efforts are focused on hospice and palliative care - education and outreach.
- It has the greatest expertise in pain and symptom management and has more certified hospice and palliative care professionals than any local provider.
- It is the only organization that has two freestanding Hospice Centers, offering patients the option of receiving care at home, in nursing homes or assisted living facilities or at our beautiful inpatient centers.
- It provides education and outreach to thousands of people every year, including practicing professionals, students and members of the community at large.
- Thanks to ongoing support from the community, Hospice of Northwest Ohio turns no one away due to inability to pay.
Perrysburg Center 30000 East River Rd ♦ Perrysburg, OH 43551 | Email Us ♦ 419.661.4001 ♦ Fax 419.661.4015
Toledo Center 800 S. Detroit Ave. ♦ Toledo, OH 43609 | Email Us ♦ 419.661.4001 ♦ Fax 419.661.4015
Michigan Office 8132 Secor Rd ♦ Lambertville, MI 48144 | Email Us ♦ 734.568.6801
© Copyright 2013 Hospice of Northwest Ohio